Date: Thu, 2011/09/22 – 7:30pm
Trombone and Piano – Alliance Française de Bangalore and Bangalore School of Music Presentation
The two artists, Eric Le Chartier, solo trombone player since 2004 in the Opera de Lyon National Orchestra and Jamal Moqadem, often invited to the Opera de Lyon as a choirmaster met while studying in the Lyon National Conservatoire. The two musicians had the opportunity to play several pieces together as part of their assignments.
Their association did not stop at school but continued – they worked together again later, particularly in the Opera de Lyon. Their background of classical training provides them with excellent sills. They also love exploring other genres of music especially jazz music and delight in improvisations.
The first half of the concert concentrates on French music devoted to the trombone, and the second one revisits jazz great classics as piano-trombone duets.
A tentative program:
1. Autumn Leaves, Joseph Kosma
2. Beautiful love, Victor Young
3. Body an Soul, Johnny Green
4. Chega de Saudade, Antonio Carlos Jobim
5. Desafinado, Antonio Carlos Jobim
6. In a sentimental mood, Duke Ellington
7. Maiden voyage, Herbie Hancock
8. My funny valentine, Richard Rogers
9. My Romance, Richard Rodgers
10. Oleo, Sonny Rollins
11. On Green Dolphin street, Bronislau Kaper
12. Solar, Miles Davis
13. Someday my prince will come, Frank Churchill
14. Stella by starlight, Victor Young